[postgis-users] Live access to PostGIS from MapInfo

InterRob rob.marjot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:16:37 PDT 2009

Hi Brent,
Thank you for your reply. In fact, I did indeed run spatial_ref_sys.sql --
otherwise addgeometrycolumn() wouldn't even run in the first place; I forgot
to list the script :))
Thus, as you suggested, I tried grant-ing access to spatial_ref_sys (as well
as the target table...); it didn't help, unfortunately.

By the way, accessing the table as a "Linked Table" (effectively downloading
the complete table, converting it to native MapInfo), DOES work. However,
this doesn't fit to my usage scenario... I guess that shouldn't surprise too
many of you :))

More thoughts? Cheerz,

Rob