[postgis-users] Cant get the optimal path

Supunmali Ahangama supunmali7 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 12:12:43 PDT 2009

Hi,
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25837495/roads.zip roads.zip

I need to get the optimal path using Dijkstra function in pgrouting.
Thought I dont get an error, i dont get the results too. Dijkstra function
runs (without any error), but it don't affect any rows in dijsktra_result.
That is there is nothing in the created table 'dijsktra_result', it is
empty.

I created the topology for the road data (attached here) at the start by

SELECT assign_vertex_id('roads', 0.001, 'the_geom', 'gid');
UPDATE roads SET length = length(the_geom);

in postgresql database.

It didnt give any exception and did work fine when i did run it through
pgAdmin111. It creates the source and the target columns for each edge/row
in roads table.

But at the end, it dont give the optimal path (Dijkstra) results, even for
most simplest paths (connecting 3 nodes), where there are connected paths
available between origin and destination.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached the shapefile too. Is it an issue in road data?

Thanks