[postgis-users] Question

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Tue Oct 13 09:59:08 PDT 2009

Simon,

Here's some ideas for areas where I think there is a significant
difference between Oracle and PostGIS

- Oracle's tolerance-based precision model VS ??? in PostGIS
- 3D support
- Geodetic data support
- robustness (may be hard to provide examples, but I have seeen some
fairly simple functions (eg buffer) completely kill the Oracle
instance.  PostGIS no doubt has its own failure modes)
- external tools for loading and viewing spatial data

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect