[postgis-users] Split / Divide linestring into parts / segments ?

Grant Masan grant.massan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 10:38:46 PDT 2009

Hi all,
I am having this kind of problem that I have one linestring("door") and then
I am searching how many linestrings has intersect the linestring("door").
I am getting the intersections thats not a problem. What I need is to split
/ divide this "door" linestring to segments or parts or what ever...
So my goal is to devide "door" into 30 different parts (like if door is
30meters then I need thirty 1meter pieces). Then I can calculate how many
linestrings are intersecting door
and in what part of door.

                                linestring "door"

so on ...

Hope you guys undestood my need and somebody can help me little bit !

Thanks mates

Br.
Grant