[postgis-users] 3dm point table def

Masanao Yajima yajiyajijp at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Oct 17 17:00:54 PDT 2009

Hi list

I have question regarding making 3DM point column in PostGIS.

When I try to insert POINTM(x,y,m),
if the dimension of the column is 3 it drops the M dimension,
and when I make the dimension 4 it asks for the z dimension.

How should I make the geometry column to have only x,y,m so I can insert
POINTM?

Here is example of the query

CREATE TABLE road(
  road_id INTEGER,
  road_name VARCHAR
);
SELECT AddGeometryColumn( 'road', 'roads_geom', -1, 'GEOMETRY',3 );

insert into temptest (road_id, road_name, roads_geom) values (21,'test',
ST_GeomFromEWKT('POINTM(191232 243118 1111)'))

select st_astext(roads_geom) from temptest

I appreciate your help!
--
Masanao Yajima