[postgis-users] Compiling postgis on OpenSolaris - postgresql as package

Angus Scown gus at sdx.com.au
Thu Oct 29 06:36:59 PDT 2009

From a couple of other threads I have picked up a few hints but no solution to
compiling postgis on OpenSolaris.  It picks up the cc from the postgresql
PGXS.  Since I installed postgresql from package rather than source I get an
error relating to a missing location for cc, eg. /opt/SUNWspro.40/SS12/bin/cc:
Command not found

So I set the CPP environment variable to /usr/sfw/bin/cpp

The configure script is happy with the above (i.e. passes tests) but then the
compile (make) does not.

I note that the other resolution suggested is to compile postgresql from
source.  I'm just wondering if I can assist in finding a resolution to this
with others assistance or just go straight for compiling postgresql from
source.