[postgis-users] Problem with ST_WITHIN

nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Fri Sep 18 07:00:43 PDT 2009

Luigi
The thing is that your point is not within when it is on the boundary, but by definition the point has no boundary wich makes one point on top of another being within. From a practical perspective it doesn't really make sense, I agree. I was struggling with something similar a few months ago. But it comes from definitions of the point, wich in other cases seems more logic. /Nicklas

Hi list and Chris,