[postgis-users] Postgis-CommercialLicence

iceDice nmilasinovic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 05:30:13 PDT 2009

Hello,

I want to develop commercial Java GIS application and use PostgreSQL with
Postgis for storing spatial data. I am interested what are constraints of
using
Postgis in commercial applications? I know that PostgreSQL is BSD licensed
but
Postgis is GPL licensed. Is that mean that i must open all my source code
only because i using Postgis for spacially enabling PostgreSQL?
I intend to use GeoTools gt-postgis.jar library for accessing Postgis
columns
in database (GeoTools is LGPL licensed).

Best regards.