[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.4.0 make problems on Solaris 10

Nathan Widmyer lighthousej at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 04:13:46 PDT 2009

Hello,

I recently did compile PostGIS 1.4 on Solaris 10 sparc with the Pg
binaries.  I'm not a solaris master but I know my way around.

First, I will be able to write down what I did next week, the machine
is not accessible at the moment.  I do remember that the process is
quite difficult compared to other compiles.  This is possibly because
there is no solaris maintainer to keep it simple.

I only say it's difficult because the automake/autoconf behavior is
unexpected, can't find utilities in your path, etc...  I remember I
had a hard time telling PostGIS where the gnu gcc was (it and a
symlink to it called cc was in my path!).

I'll get that info out to you and the list asap, if you haven't
figured it out by then.

PS you do have to specify CPP
CPP=/usr/local/bin/gcc ./configure