[postgis-users] Postgis Availability on Website or Cloud?

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat Apr 17 13:54:53 PDT 2010

Last time I played with HostGIS, they were more about providing a virtual host with Postgis installed and supported. Each account was for a host, rather than a database within a host

I'm not aware of a cloud or web based tool to access a Postgres database, but it is an interesting concept. I can see a range of possible security & other issues though.

Perhaps multiple Postgres server instances on a single (virtual) server? Each account essentially gets its own database cluster on it's own port on a shared server system?  I have run multiple server instances like this before with no problems, & it is certainly easier than a complete new host for each instance.

pgAdmin or phpgAdmin could perhaps be instantiated as a tool to manage these with a hard coded port for each instance?

Cheers,

  Brent Wood