[postgis-users] PostGIS in Action Book Technical Reviewers needed

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue Aug 17 01:50:26 PDT 2010

  Hi Regina, Leo,

I would like to have a go at having a close look at your book. It is
useful for my work here at the University of Amsterdam, both for what I
am doing myself and (hopefully) for setting up a GIS database course
based on PostGIS. That being the case, I don't think we need to go over
the hassle of paying something to the University for something that I
consider part of my job. People don't get paid for writing reviews here.

Next two weeks I have lots of time, as almost everyone is still on
holiday (that's something we have over here :-)). After that I have
reasonable amounts of time available.

I would appreciate, though, if a few other people would go over the book
too. I have been working with MapServer and PostGIS for about ten years
now (and with GRASS since 1991), but of course there are lots of things
I am still not really acquainted with.

Regards,

Jan

Dr. J. Hartmann