[postgis-users] help setting up postgis

Jan Saalbach fire at dubmosphere.de
Tue Aug 17 08:11:46 PDT 2010

Nicolas, thank you for your help. I have imported a set of points
using a python to psql script which filled a GeometryColumn using the
ST_MakePoint() function.

Now I would like to visualize the points using uDig. Since the set
imported is comprised of around 10 million points, drawing each point
is not possible. What I would like to do is create and just draw a
bounding box of the set of points. This way I could compare it to
another set of points in respect of the position to each other.

The thing I do not know yet is how to do it using postgis , i.e. which
commands I need. Any tips on how I could go about visualizing two
datasets of scattered points?

Regards,
Jan