[postgis-users] [Qgis-developer] Fwd: WKTRaster Plugin 0.1

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Dec 2 15:34:52 PST 2010

Mauricio,

Thanks

  _____

From: Maurício de Paulo [mailto:mauricio.dev at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 6:24 PM
To: Paragon Corporation; qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org; PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] [Qgis-developer] Fwd: WKTRaster Plugin 0.1

As asked, I've added a simple screenshot of the plugin working on my blog.
It's a fast presentation for my Brazilian friends.

http://mapeandoobrasil.blogspot.com/2010/12/postgis-raster-plugin-para-qgis.
html

Best regards,
Mauricio de Paulo

2010/12/1 Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us>

Just a tutorial similar to what Jorge and Pierre's did with screen shots.
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRasterTutorial01

http://gis4free.wordpress.com/category/postgis-raster/

We were planning two -- one displaying PostGIS layers in MapServer

and one displaying in QGIS similar to what we did a while back for OpenJump:
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/72-OpenJump-for-PostGIS-Spati
al-Ad-Hoc-Queries.html

We haven't tested MapServer since GDAL 1.7, but will be good to see how
Jorge's GDAL 1.8 improvements work with MapServer now.  We were  able to
load back then with some issues but wasn't really testing for speed.  We
were too ecstatic when our layers actually showed up in MapServer and that
we were able to do both band and attribute filters on top of it that we
weren't even thinking about speed.

Thanks,
Regina and Leo
http://www.postgis.us