[postgis-users] New to postgis...

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:17:08 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Kevin Neufeld <kneufeld.ca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, your envelope here is actually a collapsed POLYGON, a LINESTRING, so
> it would make sense that this particular query would return nothing.

Oh..  I see that I've typo'ed the coords on the make envelope.  Sigh..

> As for the others ... can you post a single small example of what you've
> hand verified?  Maybe we can spot something else going on.

I'll dig out a simple example tonight.  I've tried at least three or
four different methods (st_contains, st_within, combinations of that
with &&, etc..).  I'll narrow it down to one concrete example that
should return one or two rows of data from the whole table.

> -- Kevin
>
> On 12/6/2010 7:41 PM, Eric Ladner wrote:
>>
>>     select gid, objectid from gis_schema.jksn_cnty_buidings where
>> ST_Within(the_geom,ST_AsText(ST_MakeEnvelope(-90, 30, -86, 30,
>> 4269)));

Eric Ladner