[postgis-users] Determining clusters of points

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld.ca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 08:24:57 PST 2010

On 12/8/2010 7:38 AM, Sébastien Lorion wrote:

> The points are not static, they will potentially be in a different
> position each time the query is run.

Ah, I was going to ask about that.  It might be possible to create a
recursive query to maintain a very large point table as new records are
added (add them to existing clusters and / or merge clusters), but
according to my initial findings, there is no way a recursive query
approach is going to be able to scale well enough for your million
points, esp. if you need to be able to run such a query every 30 min.
But I'd be curious to hear what your findings are as well.

-- Kevin