[postgis-users] Can't create topology schema/functions - PostgreSQL 9.0.1 & PostGIS 1.5.2

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld.ca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 08:48:13 PST 2010

On 12/8/2010 5:35 AM, chlists at me.com wrote:
> make
> psql mydb<  topologies.sql
>
> and also tested
> psql mydb -f topologies.sql
>
> but this gives me the following error messages:
>
> ERROR:  schema "topology" does not exist

The first thing the script does is create the schema, so I'm not sure
why you're getting that error message.
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/tags/1.5.2/topology/topology.sql.in.c#L167

The script is topology.sql, not topologies.sql.  Are you sure you are
running the right script?

What do you get when you run 'make test' from within the topology/test
directory?
Does the username you are using to run the script have the necessary
permissions to create a schema?

-- Kevin