[postgis-users] Diagram of Voronoï to Squelettisation of polygon

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri Dec 10 08:47:34 PST 2010

Salut Jérôme,

Thank you for sharing your blog article!
I tried to recall my French from high school and thanks to nice screenshots
and code samples I think I could mostly understand.

Well, I thought your functions might be an interesting contribution to
pgRouting project (http://www.pgrouting.org).
We're trying to collect various routing and network analysis related
functionality. Some voronoi and skeleton addition would for sure suite well.
That way users could build some routable network out of river polygons for
example. It might also help to build a routable graph for  maritime
navigation. Probably there are a lot more use cases.

Let me know if you're interested.

Daniel

2010/12/9 j.rolland <jrmrolland at aol.com>

> hi,
>
> I have just set up on my blog at the following address
> http://ageoguy.blogspot.com/2010/12/squ… ation.html
> http://ageoguy.blogspot.com/2010/12/squ… ation.html  a tutorial (in
> french)
> which presents an algorithm of surface squelettisation of waterway
> (POLYGON).
> I provide an example like all the necessary functions and requests which
> will enable you to obtain the skeleton of the waterway as you can see it in
> the capture below :
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p30413623/skeleton5.jpg
>

> regards,
> Jérôme