[postgis-users] How detect an empty geometry in a Collection.

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 08:56:45 PST 2010

Hi,

I have some geometries where every element is a GeometryCollection like this
three examples:

 GeometryCollection(MultiLinestring empty, MultiLinestring(( x1 y1, ... , xn
yn))) ;
GeometryCollection(MultiLinestring(( x1 y1, ... , xn yn)), MultiLinestring((
x1 y1, ... , xn yn))) ;
GeometryCollection(MultiLinestring(( x1 y1, ... , xn yn)), MultiLinestring
empty) ;

These are all geometry-collection where every collection is composed of two
element and the first or the second could be a "geometry empty".

I don't know how to detect if the first or the second element are "geometry
empty".

I try with to apply the ST_Dump, but it seem to ignore the "geometry empty"
so it return only one record.

Thx,

Andrea.

--