[postgis-users] Kyng chaos Postgis -- "PostGIS requires PostgreSQL 9.0."

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 13 07:05:15 PST 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 5:06 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> fork wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Not sure where else to ask -- I just installed Postgresql 9.0.1 from
>> the Kyngesbury site, now trying to install postgis, and I get this
>> error:
>> "PostGIS requires PostgreSQL 9.0."
>> Anyone have any ideas?  Does this mean "I can't find any postgres"? or
>> "I can't find the right version" or ???
>> Thanks!
>
> There was a bug in PostGIS 1.5.1 that would probably cause this error (related to the change in version number from PostgreSQL 8.5 to 9.0). Can you confirm that you are using PostGIS 1.5.2?

That looks like it's straight from my OS X installer, so PostGIS itself hasn't tried to run yet.

The installer checks for the existence of /usr/local/pgsql-9.0/lib/libpq.5.3.dylib.  Are you sure the Postgres install finished and succeeded?

Is this a new install or upgrade of Postgres/PostGIS?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy