[postgis-users] Kyng chaos Postgis -- "PostGIS requires PostgreSQL 9.0."

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 13 13:49:55 PST 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 2:15 PM, fork wrote:

>> That looks like it's straight from my OS X installer, so PostGIS itself hasn't tried to run yet.
>>
>> The installer checks for the existence of /usr/local/pgsql-9.0/lib/libpq.5.3.dylib.  Are you sure the Postgres install finished and succeeded?
>
> Yes, but it installs as an app, not in that directory

Ah, my Postgres installer does not install as an application.  And my PostGIS package only supports my Postgres package (or other Postgres built from source in the standard way in /usr/local/pgsql-9.0).

>> Is this a new install or upgrade of Postgres/PostGIS?
>
> New, and I *think* i used your binary.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin