[postgis-users] Select junctions in linear dataset

Thomas Kouk thomaskouk at yahoo.gr
Thu Dec 16 01:52:20 PST 2010

Hi all,
I am newbie in postgis. I have a linear dataset (road network) and I want to
select the junctions (in order to count them and maybe isolate them in a
seperate point table). ST_StartPoint and ST_EndPoint do not give me the desired
result, no matter how I combine them. Is there another way or a function that I
could use?
Alternatively I could create a loop in php to examine each feature and to find
for each end-point if there is other feature in zero distance... however I think
that this would be a really painfull and long lasting procedure, especially in
case of dense data. There should be a simpler way...
Thanks,
Thomas