[postgis-users] rtpostgis errors

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 11:42:56 PST 2010

> >Uhm... maybe I should drop the box2d too from topology model.
> >It's currently used to represent mbr (Minimum Bounding Rectangle)
> >for the Face table.
> >
> >ISO says it should be an ST_Polygon and oracle says it should be
> >an SDO_GEOMETRY.

Hi,

In Oracle the geometry type is definided only when declared the spatial
index-type.
It is different from postgis where the geometry-type is definited when
you define the column.

So say-ing "SDO_Geometry" mean "generic geometry" and could mean "Polygon"

Infact oracle say the data-type is SDO_Geometry and the
sdo_topo.initialize_metadata
procedure creates a spatial_index on this column. Most probably the
procedure create a spatial-index
for polygons types.

Regards,

Andrea.