[postgis-users] WKTraster pixel value

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Tue Feb 9 05:18:48 PST 2010

Rainer,

There is a difference between accessing a whole band of a multiband raster and access a single pixel value.

The ST_Band(rast raster, band integer) function (not yet implemented) will return a whole band (i.e. an object of type raster).

The ST_Value(rast raster, band integer, x integer, y integer) function (implemented but not yet documented) returns the value of a single pixel expressed as a float point value.

Pierre