[postgis-users] Polygon area in meters

ibrahim saricicek ibrahimsaricicek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 05:46:39 PST 2010

Hi;

one method...
ST_Distance_Spheroid(point_x, point_y, 'SPHEROID["WGS
84",6378137,298.257223563]');

the other method create a new geometry (the_geom_epsg) column ansd find the
exaxt EPSG code for your region (i prefer 2321 for middle Turkiye ED50 /TM
33)

update table set the_geom_epsg=st_transform(the_geom, epsg)
then use st_area..

Regards..
IBO..