[postgis-users] Problems with the Transformation of Coordinates forCuba

Suhr, Ralf Ralf.Suhr at itc-halle.de
Wed Feb 10 01:20:05 PST 2010

Hi,

I see some errors.

Your coordinates in EPSG:4267 are on the right ellipsoid (clrk66) and can direktly project to EPSG:3796 without the need for any towgs84 parameter.
If you have coordinates in EPSG:4326 you need 2 Transformations. Otherwise your result in EPSG:3796 will based on the wgs84 ellipsoid.

Try ST_Transform(ST_Transform(wgs84_geom, 4267), 3796)

Gr Ralf