[postgis-users] OT: shp2sde on postgresql

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Feb 10 11:48:46 PST 2010

Answering to self :  one of the shp2sde options says :

-l

Map layer table and spatial column to load. They **must exist**, and the
user must either own the table or have INSERT access to it. If you do
not own the table, qualify the table name as "owner.table".

Turns out `-l nonexistentTable,feature` will work just fine on the
commandline.  And they'll work *only* if the table does not exist first.
Go figure.