[postgis-users] postgis upgrade 1.4 to 1.5 sql file couldn't find $libdir/postgis-1.4

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Sat Feb 20 13:24:14 PST 2010

Doesn't know if already reported or what I'm doing wrong.

In rpm (suppose to be the same with .deb) if you upgrade postgis from 1.4 to 1.5 the postgis-1.4 referenced in function doesn't
exist after upgrade.

As the default postgis upgrade script call the
select postgis_lib_version();
we get a fatal error
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.4": No such file or directory

and all the process fail leaving normal user in trouble ...

I've try to bypass it commenting the SELECT postgis_major_version_check();
and get the sql executed ...

Any comments ?

--

     Bruno Friedmann