[postgis-users] TIGER geocoder with Census 2009 shapefiles

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Feb 26 20:52:03 PST 2010

David,

As a matter of fact we've been working on that for chapter 10 of our
upcoming book and think we have it all working.  As a part of the example
generation process for our chapter 10, we had to come up with a way to load
the tables that works on both windows and Linux.  Unfortunately we haven't
had a chance to test the Linux loading approach, but is pretty much a
parallel of the windows approach.

To do so we started out with Steve's code, added some additional skeleton
tables and a database function that generates a command line script for the
respective OS.  Hopefully it all makes sense from the readme file we have
packaged.

We also changed one of the functions because there was an error in it and
revised slightly to work with Tiger 2009 data.  You can dowload our slightly
hacked version of Steve's code from our chapter 10 page.

Steve -- if you are listening we are hoping to remerge your version with our
loader part and bring back into the PostGIS distribution as part of PostGIS
1.5.1 or 2.0 release.

http://www.postgis.us/chapter_10

Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us/