[postgis-users] *.gdbtable, etc

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:26:01 PST 2010

ogr2ogr can read the feature classes from personal geodatabases (if
compiled with odbc)

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_pgeo.html

In looking at a recent build of FWTools for Windows, I don't see any
formats that look like personal geodatabase or odbc, but in a recent
OSGeo4W build, ogr2ogr outputs odbc as a possible format value.

They are really just souped up Access databases, so anything that can
read Access can get any relational attributes out for you.

You are lucky that these aren't the even more locked-in 'file geodatabases'...

David.