[postgis-users] error updating multipoint: violates check constraint enforce_geotype

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 06:54:31 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Biddy <newskatze at riomhphost.net> wrote:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: new row for relation "lidarpoints"
> violates check constraint "enforce_geotype_numtarclassidreflect"

Hi Biddy,

If you haven't changed the constraints created on the table by PostGis
this error means exactly that you are inserting a geometry that is not
of the type declared for the numtarclassidreflect column.

To sort this out you have to guarantee that all data feed into that
column is either a multipoint or null. I believe that ST_Multi solves
your problem.

Luís