[postgis-users] MULTIPOINT

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Tue Jul 13 04:04:57 PDT 2010

Hallo  It seems like PostGIS reads both and makes no difference of them from:select st_equals('MULTIPOINT(1 1, 2 2)'::geometry,'MULTIPOINT((1 1), (2 2))'::geometry); It also seems like the output in both cases are in the form 'MULTIPOINT(1 1, 2 2)' from this:select st_astext('MULTIPOINT(1 1, 2 2)'::geometry), st_astext('MULTIPOINT((1 1), (2 2))'::geometry); If you want to get SVG out of PostGIS, isn't ST_AsSVG an option? but you will need at least PostGIS 1.4.http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_AsSVG.html
 HTHNicklas