[postgis-users] Get the bounding box?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at shastaherps.org
Tue Jul 20 19:57:31 PDT 2010

Thank you. It did work with one caveat, I assume because all my shape data
is in WGS84 it added an equal number of specified decimal degrees to each
side but that was cake to adjust post ST_Expand and it now does exactly
what I want it to do.

> Hallo
> ST_Expand should do the trick.
> http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_Expand.html
> /Nicklas
> 2010-07-20 Michael A. Peters  wrote:

*snip*

>>I can't figure out how to get the bounding box for the intersection. It
>>would be nice to be able to simply ask for the bounding box + X
>> kilometers
>>in each direction if PostGIS can do that (I'm running 1.3.2 on CentOS -
>>that's stock EPEL build) but I can do the math outside of PostGIS if
>>necessary. I just can't figure out how to get the bounding box returned.

-----
Michael A. Peters

http://www.shastaherps.org/