[postgis-users] How to Construct a raster in pl/pgsql function?

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Wed Jul 21 08:42:23 PDT 2010

Hi George,

Unfortunalely st_setvalue is not yet implemented. You could have created an empty raster (st_makeemptyraster) and set the pixels values with st_setvalue.

The only way to create a raster and set specific pixels value now is to generate the HEX values representing the raster and to cast them to ::raster. You will find the best example of this in regress/ create_rt_band_properties_test.sql in the source tree.

Pierre