[postgis-users] How to import SHP without superuser permission?

Andrea Peri 2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 09:39:02 PDT 2010

Even if your account is owner of database.
The owner of the public scheme is "postgres".
Always "postgres" is the owner of the table "geometry_columns" and the "spatial_ref_sys".
Again in the 1.5.x version of postgis always "postgres" is owner of "geography_columns" view.

You must change the ownership of this resorces or give to you account read grants on geometry_columns, spatiali_ref_sys and geography_columns.

Regards,
Andrea.