[postgis-users] Looking for a equivalent of st_getpoint() to replace Z in a given point in a linestring

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Thu Mar 4 04:17:42 PST 2010

On 03/04/2010 11:11 AM, Olivier Courtin wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2010, at 9:48 AM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
>
>> Perhaps in documentation we need a cross link (see also) between
>> st_setpoint (the setter) and st_pointn (the getter).
>
> Could be better yes, done in SVN ones:
> <http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.5SVN/ST_SetPoint.html>
>

> Tks for the report,
>
> --
> Olivier

You're welcomed ....

The last disturbing point I found is the following :

st_setpoint is zero indexed
st_pointn is 1 indexed ...

So it force in loop to continually adjust index ...
seems the two functions doesn't have the same history, but would be great ? for 2.x version to standardized them ?
or having a st_getpoint ( kind of alias of st_pointn ) also zero based.

What do you think about that ?

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl