[postgis-users] Need a "polygon box" of a table instead of the bounding box that returns extent function

Oscar Zamudio cmntlk at gmail.com
Mon May 3 05:28:07 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm using the extent function to get the geographic coverage of a table.
That function returns a bounding box, i.e. a polygon with 4 points (XMin
YMin ...etc). I do know that the actual coverage of teh table is not a four
points polygon but an arbitrary polygonal shape with many vertexs. I want to
get this shape form the same table. There is any function or operation that
can give me that shape?
Regards,
Oscar