[postgis-users] using "&&" oprerator

nguyen liem liemnguyendl at gmail.com
Sun May 9 21:29:27 PDT 2010

Hi All, i'm a newbie with postgis and probably this is an easy question.

As I know "&&" operator which is used for checking 1 geometry is overlap on
another or not.
Could I check 1 point is overlap on 1 polygon by the query bellow ?

SELECT  f.point_id, s.zip_id
FROM  points f, zips s
WHERE ST_SetSRID(ST_MakePoint(f.longitude, f.latitude),4326) && s.zip_polygon;

Does anything wrong here? Or could you give me other ways to check 1
point is within in 1 polygon or not?

Cheers.
--
Liem Nguyen