[postgis-users] WKT expected, EWKT provided

Peter Willis pwillis at aslenv.com
Tue May 11 12:04:22 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am getting the following error during database queries:

"WARNING:OGC WKT expected, EWKT provided - use GeomFromEWKT() for this"

I found some references to this using Google, so it appears to be a
known item.

I have tried wrapping all of my text geometries in 'GeomFromEWKT()'
to no avail.

How many dimensions is postgis WKT now expecting for 'POLYGON'?

 From where is this warning emitted? (ie: part of what library )

Thanks,

Ps.
I thought to search your mailing list archives but they don't appear
to be search-able. Is there any way to search the mail list archives
other than by downloading every compressed file and using
zcat and fgrep ?