[postgis-users] configure: libpq error [SOLVED]

Ludovico Bianchini metlud at yahoo.it
Wed May 12 00:37:00 PDT 2010

Jorge Arevalo ha scritto:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Ludovico Bianchini <metlud at yahoo.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> after I've installed (on fedora) postgres 8.4 from binaries, proj and geos
>> from source; I've tried to install postgis 1.5
>> from source but configure has thrown error "could not find libpq"; libpq
>> exists in postgres /lib directory and I've execute
>> configure with -pg_config, -geos_config and -proj_dir (please don't consider
>> syntax error in the options), I've added libqp's path
>> to PATH variable.
>>
>> I've seen a post with this problem dated March 1st, but it seems that the
>> reply has not gave a solution.
>>
>> What are the common solutions to this problem? Copy the library in another
>> path? To add any configuration to any file?
>> To install something that I've not installed?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!!
>>
>> Bye bye
>>
>> Ludovico
>>

> I'm not a Fedora user, but did you try adding libpq path (postgres lib
> directory) to /etc/ld.so.conf and then executing /sbin/ldconfig?
>
> Best regards,
> Jorge

Hi,
thanks for the response.
In the next days after my post I've examined configure.log and I
discovered that the problem wasn't libpq but another library.
I've than fixed it.

So, it was an error message no so precise. The library missing was
required by libpq, but libpq wasn't the problem.
I've spent very much time searching Internet for a solution, but the
solution was so simple: CHECK CONFIGURE.LOG !! :)

Bye bye

Ludovico