[postgis-users] Problem with postgis querybypoint in mapserver-php

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon May 17 07:39:48 PDT 2010

Guillermo,

MapServer is the proper list for this question, but you haven't given much information on what is a complex issue... and I can't help you directly with it I'm sorry, but it might help if you gave a bit more information.

Are you getting a map? Is the data correctly displayed? You could get attribute data either from the data in your query (use * in the format below if in doubt) or if you take the gid and look it up separately.

The MapServer Docs at http://mapserver.org/input/vector/postgis.html show an example of a query:

CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
CONNECTION "dbname=yourdatabasename user=yourdbusername"
DATA "the_geom from (select g.gid, g.the_geom, a.attr1, a.attr2 from geotable g join attrtable a on g.gid = a.aid) as subquery unique gid using srid=4326"

A common mistake is a mismatch between the projection systems - are they both displayed?

Have you been logging the php and MapServer output (DEBUG level 1 or more) to see what is happening when you click on a point?

Having said that, I notice you have suppressed any error messages on

>   @$qlayer->queryByPoint($point, MS_MULTIPLE, $radius);

so you may not get much help from the php log.

hopefully someone else might be able to help, good luck.

cheers

Ben