[postgis-users] Question on GEOMETRY type

孙琦 qsundw at gmail.com
Wed May 19 03:27:01 PDT 2010

Hi experts,

Do we have a way to resolve the third dimensionality of GEOMETRY data? As
known, those single types(POINT, LINESTRING, POLYGON....) all have the
corresponding XYM versions with suffix M. Thus, if we have
three-dimensionality feature, we can discriminate its third dimensionality
as Z or M by the returned geometry type. However, if the mixed-typed
(GEOMETRY) is used, it seems that it's hard to resolve the 3rd
dimensionality. By the Postgis 1.5.1 manual, no GEOMETRYM type is provided
to fix the issue. So can someone tell me if there is another way to do the
work?

Thanks,
Cheney