[postgis-users] Split Multistring on the_geom

Bolivar bdgt86 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 08:50:20 PDT 2010

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well, now I can:

I don't need in every vertex a point or a node.  I want to rebuild my
geometry by adding new nodes where I need.

This is the logic that I want in pgsql code:

1. Read over all the multilinestrings that I have, all the_geom in this
case,(Is really neccesary to explode them into linestrings?)

2. By default the first point will be the start node, and i will store it in
position[1], when I stop in a vertex, ask to postgis If there's an
intersection, if there`s one, store it in position[2], if there's an actual
node (will be the end node), store it, and close the multilinestring.

3. Repeat that process on the next node.

Thank you Nicolas.