[postgis-users] PostGIS MS 2008 Server unable to restart service

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon May 31 11:19:03 PDT 2010

Christophe,
So this is Windows 2008 server?

I presume the service is running under postgres account? When you try to
start the service and it says "waiting for postgres user", does it just give
up after a while?

You might want to check the event viewer to see if it gives a more specific
error.

There are also log files written to the pg_log folder of the data folder
(the folder where you have pg_hba.conf) that gives messages.  Check the last
one, and that log has always been the most helpful for diagnosing these
kinds of problems.

It is quite possible that you messed up pg_hba.conf and its refusing to
start because it can't make sense of it.  I've seen that happen before.  In
that case -- if you have a backup of that file, put it back.  If you don't
we can email you one.

Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us