[postgis-users] Postgis Raster Performance

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:18:22 PDT 2010

Hi folks,
Thanks for the quick reply!

Jorge: Yes, I know about the speed issues. That's why I started processing
the queries directly into the database. I was sucessfull at visualizing
queries on qgis and I am probably going to write a plugin to simplify the
tasks. You should take a look at the improvements in the plugin as it now
should be able to create overviews and regular tiling.

Regarding the query: I've processed one linestring (only 1) with an 70mb
DTM. It took probably a little more than a minute. But what I'd expect from
this query is that it returned a linestring just like mine, but with the
intersected data. So It could be a linestring with many points representing
the pixel values. But instead, I got a list containing pieces of my line.
That's why I'm asking. I think there should be another way to preserve my
data.

I tested both single blocked (in a row) and 128x128 tiled raster. Tiled with
gist got a better performance and their result was the same.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Best regards,

--