[postgis-users] Size of .dbf file produced with pgsql2shp

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 16:48:17 PDT 2010

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Ah wait a second, you're right - I've been looking in the wrong place.
> It looks like there is still some (old) pgsql2shp code which hasn't been
> updated to use the new error handling, and hence it doesn't get
> propagated back up to the main function correctly :(  Will fix later, as
> I have to head out now.

Okay - I've just committed a better fix as r5892 which makes sure that
in the case of a 0 row result, pgsql2shp will terminate returning an
error code of 1 (failure) as opposed to 0 (success) when dumping tables
into shapefiles (serves me right for trying to fix things in a rush when
I'm just about to head out). Denis, please can you try again after an
"svn up"?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS