[postgis-users] pgsql2shp revision

strk strk at keybit.net
Sun Sep 12 12:44:08 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 02:31:52PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> This appears to be a "feature" of SVN in that the revision number
> embedded in the file is the last revision that altered that particular
> file, and not the latest revision of the whole repository. Since we
> store the revision information in a separate file (because it is re-used
> in more than one place) then you don't see the "true" repository revision.
>
> Perhaps we could "touch" the pgsql2shp-core.h file but that just seems
> messy :(

Why drop the feature ?
If we want a "true" repository revision we should provide
that in an header file (which we'd touch) and use that when
we see fit. I wouldn't drop the file-specific one though,
you can always get a diff from current to the specific one
w/out querying the server (right? or time to move to git :).

--strk;