[postgis-users] Postgis and Python

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Fri Apr 15 02:37:43 PDT 2011

hi georg,

this is no postgis-specific question. You connect from python as
connecting to any postgresql-DB. You just have a bunch of
postgis-functions available on SQl-side

Marco

P.S. if you are familiar with python you also could write new functions
in postgreSQL using plpythonu as processing language within
postgis/postgreSQL