[postgis-users] Calculate z value based on attribute field

Gis Mage gismage at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:32:51 PDT 2011

Hello again!

Doing as proposed I get an error.

wizbase=# select
addgeometrycolumn('public','allhousefinal','the_geom3d',4326,'MULTIPOLYGON',3);
                          addgeometrycolumn
 public.allhousefinal.the_geom3d SRID:4326 TYPE:MULTIPOLYGON DIMS:3
(1 row)

wizbase=# update allhousefinal set the_geom3d = st_union(the_geom,
st_setsrid(st_makepoint(st_x(st_pointonsurface(the_geom)),st_y(st_pointonsurface(the_geom)),
result_hig*3),st_srid(the_geom)));
ERROR:  new row for relation "allhousefinal" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_the_geom3d"

As you can see the geometry type is MULTIPOLYGON, so I think the problem is
somewhere around st_makepoint.
Can you please help me out?

Nikolai

Re: [postgis-users] Calculate z value based on attribute
       field