[postgis-users] Mapserver with postgis, sql query error.

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Aug 1 00:06:11 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 08:43:06AM +0200, Maria Arias de Reyna wrote:
> El Sábado 30 Julio 2011, Nicolas ( cse ) escribió:
..
> > ERROR: geometry requires more points
> > SQL state: XX000

> If AsBinary returns
> something hexadecimal, the encode function should have no problem, no matter
> if the geometry is valid or not.

Unfortunately starting with a given PostGIS version some output
functions (in addition to input functions) added simple checks
for validity. ST_AsBinary must be one of them.

Canonical input and output functions were fixed in latest 1.4, 1.5
and trunk, to allow for dump/reloads in presence of invalid data,
see http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/411

Whether ST_AsBinary should also be fixed is debatable.
I suggest you file a ticket and continue the discussion there.

--strk;