[postgis-users] adding csv tables

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Wed Aug 10 12:28:33 PDT 2011

Sorry if this is more of a postgres question than postgis...

I'm trying to bring in a CSV table into my postgis database.  I'm using the
COPY command but kepe getting the error "No such file or directory."  I'm on
Windows and my guess is the error is caused by incorrect syntax.  The online
docs mentions that Windows users might need to use the E'' string syntax.
 What is that and how is it used?  I can't find any good examples. Is the
following correct?  Thanks.

COPY mypgtable FROM 'C:\\data\\projectname\\locations.csv' CSV HEADER;

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey
University of Delaware